First intake in Fall 2021!!
Our programs are highly interdisciplinary and comprehensively address the biochemical, computational, and business fundamentals. Our focus is primarily on genomics, as well as proteomics. Experimental, clinical and industrial dimensions are dissected. This two-year program includes theoretical courses, practical courses (arranged as block courses supervised by visiting international experts), internships abroad and a comprehensive research thesis. Research theses can be conducted at or in collaboration with partner laboratories at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) or University of Leipzig (Germany). Our programs are highly quantitative fusions of molecular genomics, biophysics and computer science/bioinformatics.
We expect our graduates to be equipped with the following outcomes at the end of their studies:
• To understand the biological link between the genome and disease.
• To understand, develop and apply computational or bioinformatic tools to assist in the (automatic) intepretation of genomic and proteomic data.
• Ability to manipulate genomic and proteomic information for biotechnological applications.
• To understand privacy, ethical & regulatory concerns surrounding the handling and/or storage of genomic data.
• To understand the business of biotechnology; e.g. patenting, strategy, manufacturing, funding & networking etc.
• BSc degree in natural, biochemical, physical or computer sciences with strong interest in biology/biochemistry.
• Transcripts from BSc studies.
• Ordinary level certificate or equivalent.
• Two recommendation letters.
• Proof of English proficiency. The proof can be waived for proficient students from English-speaking countries.
• Curriculum Vitae (two pages max).
Admission deadline for the first intake: 01 July 2021*. In light of the COVID-19 situation, dates might change at short notice.
• Course fees: ~ TBD
• Need-based & Merit-based scholarships: In consideration. Sponsors and donors are welcome!